Dana at Noggins & Nonsense, tagged me in a get to know you blog hopping game. She asked the following questions. My answers follow.
- What is your favorite thing about being a MOM? Right now I am loving my little suckling child, attachment parenting, and a chubby happy baby. Over all I love watching children learn, it is very fascinating.
- What part of homeschooling your family makes your heart sing? Learning new things myself. Creating things to teach. Seeking the Lords guidance, receiving it, and then seeing confirmation that the guidance was good.
- If you could have any dessert right now what would it be? A Nutter Butter Bar. That is because I am looking at an empty box right now. I was so surprised the other day when my daughter read the box and read "Nutty Bars" (by Little Debbie). I had to read it myself to double check she read it right. They will always be Nutter Butter Bars to me, though I have no idea now where that name came from. I think I will plan a trip to the dollar store in todays errands in order to buy more. Oh and throw away the tempting empty box.... Because.. A full box is more tempting and more satisfying. :)
- What is one thing about yourself that you’d like to change? Spending mindless idle time at the computer. More time doing (i.e. cleaning, projecting and being more social- away from the computer), less time... planning? thinking? being passive? Whatever it is I am filling that time in with.
- What are some talents you’ve been blessed with? I think I am good at understanding children and how they think. I like to bake from 100% whole wheat, garden and make soap. But I don't know I have a particular talent for those things. I like to create things digitally (blogs, images, writing etc), in real life, not so much.
- What is a weakness you struggle with? Being overly perfect. I had an amazing ride with the birth of my little 6 week old. My home was perfectly clean, the midwife was perfect, the home birth/ water birth went perfect, my children witnessed it (which was perfect), my husband was perfectly supportive and very complementary, my baby is perfectly happy, I know perfectly what he needs... and then.... Things started to come down from that cloud, it is silly that the lack of perfection is a demotivater to me.
- What book has you enjoyed lately? I am LOVING learning about history, specifically Biblical history. I am loving reading these books right now. The Antiquities of the Jews by Flavius Josephus, After the Flood by Bill Cooper, The First 2,000 Years : From Adam to Abraham by Cleon Skousen.
- What is something you would like to learn how to do? I wish I had a better head for writing code, like for building webpages or even programs. Many times I have a great idea for a program that would be a wonderful tool to enhance my life, if only I could just build them as I thought of them.
As part of TAG, I need to pick some players and ask eight questions of my own. The players are listed below.
Here are the eight questions I want to ask to get to know you better
- What do you love most about homeschooling?
- What is your favorite way to socialize?
- What is one of your attributes that only other homeschoolers understand?
- What makes you human (i.e. less then perfect)?
- What are your strengths?
- What books are you enjoying?
- What charitable or social cause would you devote your time to if time was not an issue?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?... lol
As a thank you :) for commenting on my blog I am tagging the following people:
Kerry @ Naturally Sidetracked
Andrea @ What Andrea Writes
Jaelle @ Mom to Three Babies
legendswife @ The Way we Homeschool
ChristinaB @ The Story of Us
Let us get to know you by playing tag! Oh by the way – You are now It! When you‘ve answered your questions, please come back here and comment so I can be sure to come visit your game.